Senior Marketplace Operations Manager
About the Role
The Marketplace team tackles some of Uber Eats' most sophisticated problems. These problems often involve difficult analysis with large data sets, tough strategic decisions and close collaboration with many different partners - and the solutions can have a groundbreaking impact. For a tenacious truth seeker, with outstanding attention to detail and a desire to manage multipart projects at a regional scale, this is the team for you!
Marketplace specifically looks at how to make our marketplace fast and reliable at the lowest possible cost, while keeping all three sides of our marketplace engaged. By diving into issues such as marketplace forecasting, consumer pricing, delivery partner payment and incentives, and optimal marketplace settings, you will develop innovative approaches and strategies to run a healthy and balanced marketplace.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work closely with our HQ on product rollouts to adjust these to local needs and delivery ultimately a better marketplace operation.
- You'll work through various financial and pricing challenges to improve the running costs of our marketplace.
- You'll scale processes and build solutions to improve the customer experience for consumers, restaurant and delivery partners.
- You'll look for opportunities to automate to promote rapid scale and efficiency.
- You'll collaborate with all other functional teams in the ANZ region to get input and buy-in to scale the ANZ market efficiently, including the ANZ City Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Legal, Communications, Strategy & Planning and HQ.
- You will mentor and have oversight of junior associates within the team.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, or equivalent.
- 4 + years of proven experience in consulting, finance, or equivalent.
- Strong data analytics skills: SQL & Excel.
- Experience with Python and/or other programming languages (Preferred).
- Ability to problem-solve independently and translate sophisticated analytics into clear, concise, and pragmatic next steps.
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners and apply project management skills to influence others and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Strong ownership attitude with a bias to action and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and get results.
- Customer obsessed - everything you do considers how it will impact the constituents of our marketplace.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.