Product Automation Program Manager
About the Role
US and Canada Community Operations (US&C CommOps) is part of the Global Community Operations organization which provides premier customer support to all Uber customers and products. The Automation Specialist role is a new addition to the Digital Strategy & Innovation team within US&C's Central CommOps organization. This role will be focused on developing and maintaining policy automations to drive efficiency and quality across customer support processes.
The Automation Specialist should be a capable technologist (fluent in scripting languages) while also maintaining a deep operational knowledge of the CommOps business. The Automation Specialist will work in tandem with the Automation Program Manager to track and report on progress in terms of automation rate and contact rate reduction. They will partner with teams leading support for various Uber personas (Rider, Eater, Driver, etc.) to identify, develop, test, and scale new automations to improve customer experience and reduce support contacts. They will also partner with the Customer Obsession product team, Global Product Support, and similar teams in other mega-regions to de-dupe Global automation efforts.
What You'll Do
- Continuously identify opportunities for automation, consolidate insights and build robust business cases for new automations
- Own relationship with Customer Obsession Product Team and ensure visibility of (and alignment with) the US&C CommOps priorities
- Partner with Automation Program Manager to maintain existing automations, identify improvement opportunities, and resolve bugs as they arise
- Partner with Strategic Finance and Strategic Planning to deliver / track financial outcomes as a result of implementing automations to reduce contact rate
- Help craft the long-term product roadmap to improve existing both automations and regional capabilities to develop new automations
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with a background in project management or operations
- Knowledge of other scripting languages (e.g., Go)
- Familiarity with customer support automation Comfortable owning and balancing multiple projects or work streams at once
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to navigate complexity and provide stakeholders with clear recommendations when decisions are needed or roadblocks are hit
- Ability to understand how your work fits into a layered/matrixed org (across different Uber businesses, across regions, at a global level)
- Highly detail-oriented
About the Team
The Digital Strategy & Innovation team is a central function within US&C CommOps. The team's mandate is to supercharge automation and build rock-solid foundations for technology and innovation. We partner closely with CommOps program teams, Global CommOps, and the Customer Obsession product team to connect operational needs and tech requirements. We drive regional strategy for the adoption and application of new technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber