Software Developer - Transit Team
About the Role
As a Backend Engineer on the Uber Transit team, you'll design, implement, and release critical components into Uber's transit stack. Through enabling transit use cases, you'll be interfacing with and contributing to many of Uber's core platforms (pricing, matching, maps, etc.). You'll build for the future while considering artifacts of past systems.
About the Team
Routematch by Uber is the leading provider of intelligent transit solutions (ITS) spanning demand response, fixed route, payment, mobility, and on-demand transit solutions. We blend powerful technology and excellent service to equip transit agencies with the right tools to provide accessibility and mobility for every rider in their community. When everyone has access to transportation, individuals, communities, and societies thrive.
We're inspiring change in the transit world with new and improved products and top-notch service. We're hiring energetic, positive professionals to contribute their talents and creativity to solutions that empower people to change their lives and get moving. Routematch is a place where you can honestly say "my work matters".
What You'll Do
- Ship features that have real and measurable impact on the scaling of the business
- Work with other Uber tech teams to reuse, create or extend the overall Uber tech stack
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers or new engineers joining the Transit team
- Build and maintain experiences all the way to full rollout (design, implementation, experiment-based roll-out, monitoring)
- Code primarily in GoLang, leveraging frameworks based on go/fx
- 3+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to leverage lean methodologies to determine the product-market fit for new products
- Experience partnering with product and design teams
- A desire to be on a small and innovative team, and to build great products
- 2+ years experience working within large technology organizations
- 2+ years experience working within a fast growing startup
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada