Sr. Manager - EMEA/APAC Talent Mobility
About the Role
This is a leadership role in a highly collaborative, dynamic, international team looking to deliver efficient and high-quality service. In addition to the traditional mobility responsibilities like mobility tax, relocation, among others, this role will help develop and launch new talent-mobility programs crafted to provide new perspectives, experiences, and skills to our employees. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes a leader who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing businesses, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists. The right person is ready to redefine "Global Mobility", deliver wow customer experiences, and ready to make tough data-backed decisions.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Global Head of Mobility to craft the future of Talent Mobility at Uber
- Define, implement, and lead all aspects of our EMEA and APAC talent programs
- Lead and develop the overall strategy of our Tax and Relocation programs
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across our EMEA & APAC senior leadership team to strategically launch our Talent Marketplace and utilize our programs in their organisations
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to align talent planning with global mobility
- Continually assess global mobility vendors, processes and policies to ensure an efficient experience for employees, managers and the team
- Provide timely, in-depth and comprehensive forecasts, projections and data to the regional executive team to ensure preparedness for fluctuating mobility activity, including budgetary and resource needs
- Analytically drive the metrics used to evaluate the team's performance, including speed, efficiency, quality, and thoroughness to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages participation and ownership, along with a continuous focus on action, customer satisfaction, and personnel happiness.
- Lead a team of mobility program managers. Mentor, counsel, and develop team members to position them for success.
- Ensure that employees and internal partners consistently receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support, and build systems to deliver it efficiently.
- You understand the importance of collaboration and being part of a distributed team
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Global/Talent Mobility (in house experience preferred)
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, leading a diverse team and maintains a high talent bar
- Proven track record of efficient communication. Including delivering difficult messages and inspiring change, while building and managing relationships with senior business leaders
- Flexible and able to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and deadlines.
- Proven experience in working effectively across various functions within the People organization
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
About the Team
A robust talent mobility program is a critical element in attracting, developing, and retaining talent at Uber. Our Talent Mobility team enables the movement of talent to provide developmental experiences and achieve strategic objectives. We need someone passionate about all things Mobility to help craft and execute the program's strategic vision. We'll need you to have both strategic and leadership experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth, company experience. This position is a great opportunity to help lead the vision and direction of a rapidly growing strategic program in a booming, constantly changing environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.