Sr Software Engineer II, Product Intelligence
The Product Intelligence Team is a full stack data team building the foundational data sets, data quality monitoring tools, near real-time data computation, and serving infrastructure as well as strategic products on top of it like experimentation and marketplace health monitoring tools.
In this role you'll be the expert in our efficient online data storage and computation engine powering near real time data for our Marketplace levers, machine learning and analysis. Example use cases include: dynamic pricing, driver incentives, experimentation, marketplace forecasting, marketplace health monitoring, and metrics. This team works closely on specific product integrations building data infrastructure in support of Product goals.
What you'll do
- Design and build the future of near-real-time data storage.
- Work with streaming pipelines to balance the tradeoff between compute-on-write vs compute-on-read.
- Optimize and scale data aggregation and serving to meet the needs of advanced use cases.
- Ensure the system complies to data security and privacy requirements.
- Work closely with partner teams to adapt the system to new use-cases.
- Obsess about improving the system for better end user experience.
- Be a role model across teams for engineering craft and distributed systems expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least ten (10) years of software engineering experience
- Experience in the big data technologies (Spark, Flink, Map/Reduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Presto, Airflow, Luigi, Kafka, Avro, Parquet, etc.)
- Extensive experience with large-scale distributed systems, such as batch/streaming big-data processing, and machine-learning serving and training infra at scale
- Deep understanding of technical and functional designs for databases, reporting, and data mining areas as well as experience developing machine learning and decision systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward,together. Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada