Software Engineer II - Machine Learning (Incentive Optimization)
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The mission of the team is to build machine learning models to optimize driver incentive spend, improving Uber's path toward profitability.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work with other engineers, data scientists, and product managers to deliver models and features that improve incentive spend efficiency and drive business growth. We are a data driven team, and you will be able to see the impact of your work reflected in Uber's earning report including revenue and profits.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product teams to analyze key business problems and translate business level metrics to an engineering/science problem.
- Develop innovative ML/AI solutions for challenging business problems that are fundamental for Uber.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and backend engineers on partner teams to integrate and validate ML solutions end to end.
- Be responsible for the End to End of the product - ML model pipeline & backend system design, implementation, AB testing, and rollout.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering focusing on large-scale systems, prediction and/or optimization problems.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Experience working on large scale machine learning platforms and end to end productionization of models.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems and end to end scaling of data pipelines and service reliability.
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber