Prediction Engineer, Self Driving
About the Role:
As an autonomy engineer in the Perception and Prediction group at Uber ATG, you will be responsible for designing, delivering, and maintaining autonomy systems at the core of our self-driving vehicles. Perception and Prediction contributes to vehicle autonomy by creating accurate representations of current and future world states around the vehicle by processing sensor data, vehicle pose, HD maps, and other inputs, onboard and in real-time. Our group develops machine learning models for object detection, tracking, motion forecasting, and behavior prediction. We integrate these models directly into our self-driving system, and build and maintain the onboard software which runs directly on our vehicles.
What You'll Do:
- Develop ML models for behavior prediction and motion forecasting
- Conceptualize and experiment with new ideas for solving the autonomy problem
- Analyze driving data to understand the performance of our onboard system and use these observations as feedback for model development
- Analyze the impact of code and/or model changes on autonomy behavior
- Write and maintain Python code for offboard training and evaluation pipelines
- Write and maintain C++ code to integrate models into our onboard software stack
- Work in a collaborative team environment with other autonomy engineers, test engineers, product managers, and operation specialists across the organization
- Learn and apply state of the art machine learning and software engineering techniques
- A degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another related technical field (or equivalent educational experience, e.g. work experience, self-directed learning)
- Experience with software engineering in Python and/or C++
- Experience developing ML models, either in a research or production setting
- A PhD or research-focused Master's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related technical field (or equivalent industry research experience)
- Experience writing C++ code in a production environment
- Experience deploying ML models to production
- Experience developing and maintaining data pipelines (including data collection, data processing, model training, system evaluation, etc.)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.