2021 University Graduate - Product Analyst
Product teams at Uber create the vision for the future of urban mobility: deeply understanding our customers to solve their transportation needs with innovative technology. On the Rides team, we work on products that ignite opportunities for millions of people every day. We're passionate about making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
The Rides Marketplace Insights & Analytics team uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core rides products, as we drive growth, retention, engagement, and affinity on the Uber platform. This includes providing insight into how pricing and surge is working and offering opportunities for improvement; understanding adoption and engagement with rides and finding opportunities for product evolution; designing and analyzing experiments to understand the effects of matching changes and/or incentives on rider and driver behaviors/conversion/engagement; working with Engineering teams to ensure integrity of our platform/products/data.
This is just a sample of projects we've been working on. There are a lot more! If you're passionate about the team, about the impact, about the opportunities to build the version 0 or 1 solution, this is the team for you.
Here's what's in it for you! You get to use your quantitative skill set, obsession and empathy towards customers, "be your own CEO" attitude, collaborative spirit to work closely with Products, Ops, Engineering, and other Data Scientists and Product Analysts to drive the Rides Marketplace roadmap forward, to provide data-driven insights to improve our products, to find new opportunities to take our products to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Develop business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement, as well as geospatial data
- Orient our teams around product development, by driving the creation of logging, metrics, data visualization and diagnostic tools, and experimentation paradigms
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other fields such as engineering, operations and marketing
- B.A., B.S., or M.S. in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field
- Excellent SQL skills
- Basic understanding of experimental design and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing findings/takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding experience (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker)
- Advanced degrees are a plus
- Internship experience is a plus
- Scripting language (e.g. Python or R) skills
- Experience with A/B testing
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods
- Ability to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to understand and prioritize business goals and strategies
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organization skills
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify product opportunities and uncover interesting product insights
- Have a growth mindset; love solving ambiguous, challenging and impactful problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.