Manager, Product Design - Freight
The Uber Freight team is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Design team is comprised of UX Research, UX/Product Designers and Comms Design. UX Research helps Uber Freight understand our customers, identify unmet needs of users, and verify the solutions we produce. The UX/Product Designer creates the solution that meets the business goal and makes sure to prioritize the customer. The Comms Design team is responsible for all the brand and marketing design of public-facing material.
The Uber Freight Design team designs software for our Shippers, Carriers, and the Operations teams that support them. The Uber Freight Design Team is seeking a design leader with a strong product vision to help elevate our current offering and formulate a compelling business and research-supported roadmap for the future! The individual sets a high bar for quality and knows how to help design teams effectively ship at that quality. While this leader will be chartered with improving a specific product area at Uber Freight, much collaboration will be required with their design and research counterparts responsible for other aspects of the experience.
What you'll do:
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area
- Hire, coach, and mentor designers
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business counterparts
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business peers
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company's overall strategic goals
- Collaborate closely with your design peers to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes to Uber's Base Design System
- Help elevate Uber Freight's Design community, culture, and processes
- 5+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Demonstrate long term thinking around strategic and business focused activities
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop and mobile
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights
- Will have managed and mentored both junior and senior product designers
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.