Head of Marketing, UK & Ireland
About the Role
We're looking for a marketing leader for one of Uber's largest global markets to help drive the UKI business and ensure Uber and Uber Eats are loved and trusted brands in daily life.
This role will be a key part of the EMEA Marketing and UKI leadership teams, where you will help build the future of this category-shaping brand while leading a hardworking group of marketers, providing strategic leadership, being responsible for large-scale campaigns, driving a high-performance and collaborative team culture, and crafting functional excellence and partnerships. Crafting and executing marketing plans. The management of creative development and execution to fuel consumer demand drives brand love and strengthens our connection with eaters, riders, drivers, and couriers.
If you want to make an outsized impact in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with a group of highly talented people, we'd love to meet you.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of regional priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, segmentation, priority markets) to be a thought partner with the sub-regional General Manager and generate a marketing strategy & plans for the region
- As a member of the regional leadership team for the region/ business line(s) that you support, act as the primary marketing POC for regional partners (Ops, Policy & Comms, CommOps, etc) and an escalation point for your direct team
- Based on Uber's global marketing strategy, support your team to adapt, localise, and/or "plus up" initiatives to align with market and regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture
- Identify, and prioritise local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (events, partnerships, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them
- Provide general and Uber-specific state of the market assessments for your region and report back with in-market feedback and insights.
- Ensure alignment of individual market/ regional activities with global brand strategy across the region that you lead
- Lead Marketing Managers/ Marketing Associates/ Senior Associates who will be responsible for the execution of regional marketing initiatives, providing them with mentoring and guidance as well as hands-on support
- Provide strong leadership for your team, setting the culture and vision, and ensuring the wellbeing of the team
- Help lead partnerships with external partners, settling ways in which we can develop joint marketing activities and co-marketing plans.
- 10+ years of general marketing experience, preferably in a fast pace oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar, and a consistent track record in quantitative fields
- Strong eye for business and critical thinking
- Experience mentoring, empowering, and leading marketing teams through change effectively
- Experience crafting regional marketing strategies based on a clearly defined global strategy, managing partnerships and co-marketing activities
- Good relationship management as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global marketing colleagues in order to be successful
- A strong customer-centric mentality - you are always thinking about how our customers harmonize with the brand
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to embrace a generalist mindset.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.