Product Manager, Global Intelligence
Product teams at Uber create the vision for the future of urban mobility: deeply understanding our customers to solve their transportation needs with innovative technology. Uber's Marketplace team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
Global Intelligence works to understand the strategy and performance of Uber and other companies with similar products through a combination of external and internal data. Uber operates in a diverse array of markets and product categories filled with rapidly-evolving competing options; assessing the success or failure of a product or strategy depends on understanding this context. Doing this, and doing it well, is an interesting and difficult problem. The team uses its expertise in data analysis, statistical modeling, economics, and business to build scalable data products and generate insights that drive our strategy and investment decisions. We work across all of Uber's categories (Mobility & Delivery) and geographies.
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience OR 2+ years of product management experience with 2+ years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategy for a major tech company
- Strong proficiency with data; at least basic experience with SQL is needed
- 6+years of experience across product management and/or top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or strategy for a major tech company
- Comfort communicating and partnering with C-level executives; exceptional communication and partner management skills
- Masterful execution; ability to independently drive the roadmap for a large team of data scientists and engineers across geographies, and dozens of senior stakeholders across functions in a heavily matrixed organization
- Bias to action; preference to get things done quickly and to move mountains to continuously ship products that are essential for the company
- Strong business judgment; ability to understand the implications of data about various aspects of the business
- Experience working closely with data science and engineering teams to build high profile data products
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber