Associate Regulatory Strategy Manager - Mobility
About the Role
Uber in Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) is looking for a results-oriented and highly-motivated individual to take on the newly defined role of Associate Regulatory Strategy Manager, within the Uber ridesharing business. In this role, you will help manage large programmes of work related to responding to externally initiated audits and investigations and proactively work with both regulators and internal operations teams to improve Uber's compliance and safety related processes, controls, and reporting. In addition you will be responsible for responding to specific aspects of audit requests - pulling and organizing large amounts of data, collating process documentation, and detailing Uber's policies and procedures to regulators. This is a highly cross-functional role that will require strong relationship and project management across internal teams (Operations, Policy, Legal, Trust & Safety) as well as with external transport regulators.
The Associate Regulatory Strategy Manager role calls for strong project management, analytical and communication skills, curiosity and a high degree of business acumen. You need to be able to quickly understand Uber's operating model, ask the right questions, identify potential risks and propose improvements. In addition, you will need strong stakeholder management and project management skills to build relationships with key regulatory counterparts at varying levels of seniority and respond to requests in a timely, structured, and accurate manner.
What You'll Do:
- Project manage audits from state transport and workplace health and safety regulators as well as investigations from federal bodies, from beginning of the audit through to remediation
- Execute all required data pulls and analysis as required for audits, investigations, or ad-hoc regulatory requests
- Build out required data delivery guidelines, format, and tracking tools required to ensure defect free execution and clear decision making on data provided externally
- Work hand in hand with Uber's Core Operations team, as well as other x-functional stakeholders, to ensure findings from audits are addressed appropriately with robust, comprehensive processes or policies.
- Foster relationships with our regulators, while reporting on compliance, addressing queries and shaping the evolution of regulation
- Develop regulatory policies working with internal stakeholders such as legal, safety and insurance; review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis and monitor ongoing processes to ensure they comply with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually improve rider and driver experience, given that many compliance processes directly impact customers
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance/regulatory role and/or top top tier consulting / strategy or related experience
- Understand the inherent relationship between regulatory compliance, safety, and growth
- Experience managing large projects with multiple external requests, tight deadlines, and sensitive data - experience managing regulatory audits or investigations preferred
- An analytical approach - the ability to seek out and analyse data to back-up sound recommendations and the ability to pull and manipulate large data sets for external requests (SQL experience preferred)
- Good grasp of Uber business and regulatory context, with ability to outline a vision and plan to achieve it
- Excellent stakeholder management, with proven ability to collaborate and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Clear communication style, you are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights. You can adapt your communication style as your audiences span across all parts of the business (from local leadership to technical / operational team members to external regulators)
- Ability to balance being in the operational weeds with being able to communicate at a senior level externally; you need to the know the details of Uber's compliance processes, products, and obligations and be able to synthesize this
- Takes initiative and operates with a high level of ownership and autonomy ; biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You're constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness; You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on. You persevere when others fall away.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.