Regulatory Strategy Manager - Mobility
Uber in Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) is looking for a results-oriented and highly-motivated individual to take on the newly defined role of Regulatory Strategy Manager - Mobility, within the Uber ridesharing business. In this role, you will manage large programs of work related to responding to externally initiated audits and investigations and proactively work with both regulators and internal operations teams to improve Uber's compliance and safety-related processes, controls, and reporting.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will require strong relationship and project management across internal teams (Operations, Policy, Legal, Trust & Safety) as well as with external transport regulators.
At Uber, regulatory compliance isn't a back-office function. Uber operates in a highly regulated market in ANZ, requiring compliance with regulation that spans from driver documentation and vehicle standards, to pricing and operating boundaries. In this role you will be part of the team who is on the frontline helping to shape regulation in a relatively nascent space and ensuring full compliance, to enable us to expand and grow our business while setting the standard for safety and compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Project manage audits from state transport and workplace health and safety regulators as well as investigations from federal bodies, from the beginning of the audit through to remediation.
- Build out Uber ANZ's playbook for responding to regulatory audits and data requests to ensure consistent, defect-free, and seamless execution.
- Work hand in hand with Uber's Core Operations team, as well as other x-functional partners, to ensure findings from audits are addressed appropriately with robust, comprehensive processes or policies.
- Foster relationships with our regulators, while reporting on compliance, addressing queries and crafting the evolution of regulation.
- Develop regulatory policies working with internal partners such as legal, safety and insurance; review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis and supervise ongoing processes to ensure they align with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually improve rider and driver experience, given that many compliance processes directly impact customers.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of proven experience in compliance/regulatory role and/or top tier consulting / strategy or related experience.
- Understand the inherent relationship between regulatory compliance, safety, and growth.
- Experience managing large projects with multiple external requests, tight deadlines, and sensitive data - experience managing regulatory audits or investigations preferred.
- Excellent partner management, with proven ability to collaborate and influence both internal and external partners.
- Clear communication style, you are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights. You can adapt your communication style as your audiences span across all parts of the business (from local leadership to technical/operational team members to external regulators).
- Ability to balance being in the operational weeds with being able to communicate at a senior level externally; you need to the know the details of Uber's compliance processes, products, and obligations and be able to synthesize this.
- Grittiness; You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on. You persevere when others fall away.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.