Senior Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
About the Role
Uber's Identity and Access Management team provides seamless and secure identity experiences at scale for Uber employees, external applications, and internal services which includes identity lifecycle management, entitlement management, policy management and access certification. You will directly impact Uber user's trust and account security by defining and executing the technical roadmap for Personnel Identity.
- Design end to end features and systems for personnel identity spanning across the tech stack - from infrastructure services and components to web applications
- Collaborate and consult with multiple engineering teams and other functional stakeholders from Legal, Privacy, Security, Compliance, Risk and IT
- Tech lead with a small team to plan, prioritize and deliver impactful projects
- Ensure personnel security, privacy, compliance and seamless developer experience.
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame.
- Coach junior team members
- 4+ years of full-time Backend services development experience
- Experience with one or more of the programming languages (Go, Java, Python, etc) and data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering field etc).
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale service with excellent quality
- Experience in any of Identity Governance and Administration, Access Compliance and Identity Analytics
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols/frameworks (OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML etc.)
- Excellent documentation, analytical, communication and collaboration skills.
- Encourage feedback in order to consistently improve
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.