Senior Product Manager - Routing
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Routing on the Maps team, you will help define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a key platform at Uber that moves people, food, cars, and even flying machines from point A to point B. Routing is amongst the hardest computer science problems - your team will develop algorithms, predictive models, and systems to help increase marketplace efficiency and craft amazing customer experiences. You will work closely with a world-class team of engineers and data scientists as well as nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Driver to Rider experience, from Eats to Marketplace - to build the core technology that moves millions around the world every day.
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Routing group at Uber
- Internalize Uber's products like Pool, UberX, Eats, and Bikes. Deeply understand how they rely on routing, and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, being in the details with data, building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Vision. Conceptualize what type of routing and services the world would need tomorrow when we have self-driving cars and more adoption of other modalities like electric scooters? How would you build today's capabilities that become tomorrow's differentiators?
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Product Management delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding should span from the highest levels of abstraction down to the metal.
- Analytical chops. You live and breathe data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to wield it but also where it can lead you astray.
- Knowledge of routing algorithms (Dijkstra's, A*) and navigation systems
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems
- Passion for maps, routing, transportation, or logistics problems.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- Biased toward action, great collaborator, and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery. You persevere when others give up.
- Prior experience working on scalable infrastructures where you have built or/and managed services that power consumer experiences
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada