Sr. Security Program Manager II
About the Role
This role is crafted to work very closely with Uber's Head of Security Enablement and Chief Information Security Officer, to enable communication of security risks at all levels within the organization! The ideal candidate is an experienced storyteller with security and business sense and will know how to build quality content in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Build and co-facilitate strategic security content in partnership with various partners including the extended security leadership team.
- Translate security, privacy & compliance risks to narratives which are catered for a business audience; board of directors and executives across the company.
- Lead and facilitate roadmap planning for the security organization in collaboration with tech partners and budget/headcount planning with our finance partners.
- Ensure relevant content and facilitate key meetings, including meetings with business, legal, security and tech executives.
- Communications: Plan, support and execute CISO's communications strategy and mechanisms that support organizational strategic missions.
- Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and CISO's leadership team (LT) meetings.
- Lead the CISO's external communications for customer/partner engagements, speaking engagements to ensure successful and impactful use of the time.
- 7+ years of strategic content creation, communications and reporting experience in a technology organization, with experience across multiple subject areas
- 3+ years of experience leading the planning, budgeting and operations of robust teams that operate in a changing regulatory and customer demand environment
- Familiarity with security and cyber risk landscape
- BS/BA in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Program Management, Cybersecurity Risk Management, Cybersecurity or related role.
- Information Security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM).
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Capable of individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications (e.g. internal presentations, emails, papers, public presentations)
- Ability to develop content rich internal and external customer facing portals clearly showcasing compliance/risk landscape
- Organized, self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment
About the Team
Uber's Information Security team, EngSec, works to ensure the security of personal information for all our users - riders, drivers, eaters and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.