Staff Software Engineer - Principal Architect - FinTech
About the Role
Staff Engineer will be part of the global Fintech team and will be responsible for driving simplification and the architectural direction of this critical area for the company.
The FinTech team builds technology for Uber's Financial Planning, Forecasting & Analysis, Cost optimization, Revenue computation, Payables management and global tax calculation. Our technology enables automation of monthly closing of books, quarterly wall street reporting, provides Billing (Invoices, Receipts) services to our earner partners and ensures regulatory compliance worldwide. This requires building and operating large scale distributed systems handling Uber's trip scale, integrating with best of breed products, building automation and simple ways to onboard new businesses and a scalable financial platform which ensures explainability, accuracy and completeness handling billions of transactions.
The Fintech micro services processed transactions from 6.9 billion trips taken globally in 2019, handling over 2.8 million transactions per minute to compute accounting entries and close our books accurately.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- 15+ years experience designing, implementing large scale distributed systems (serving 5K+ QPS, participating in 100M+ in transactions)
- Advanced, inside-out knowledge of multiple programming languages, data store systems and message queue. We use programming languages like Go, , Python, data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis and MQs like Kafka- Any programming language is fine.
- Deep, industry leading expertise in one or more technology domains and are the "-to" person for one or more areas of their business.
- A track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems that solve complex, organizational level business problems.
- Experienced and hands-on understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter/cloud architectures.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering best practices like coding, testing or monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.