Senior Software Engineer - Marketplace Platform
About the Role
The Marketplace Data Foundation team under Product Intelligence builds foundational data platforms and tools that serves large scale, real-time and high quality data. This team also produces source-of-truth for most critical data sources (demand, supply, sessions, earnings) at Uber. We build the distributed data ecosystem empowering all teams in the company that captures the full data lifecycle, including data collection, streaming/batch processing, data indexing, data consumption and data quality monitoring. Leveraging this cross-functional data platform, we produce and maintain Uber's core data sources based on unified business logic that aligns requirements across all organizations.
We are looking for talented engineers who will lead one or more critical projects and apply fresh ideas to improve business metrics for every single data driven product at Uber. You will also be able to explore the largest real-time data ecosystem with 100+ pipelines and Petabyte-level data sources. This role is a great opportunity to both grow your technical skills and ship highly impactful products.
What you'll do
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and build cross-functional solutions that impact all data producers and consumers in the company;
- Lead the design and collaborate with multiple partner teams to develop Uber-scale data platforms;
- Drive and improve the scalability, reliability and efficiency of massive scale data processing framework;
- Consolidate business definitions for critical data sources at Uber and produce source-of-truth data with different technologies (Spark, Flink, Elasticsearch, Hive, Presto) and backfill strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and coding skills in one or more below programming languages (Java, Go, C/C++, Python or other equivalent)
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
- Extensive experience with large scale distributed systems and streaming/batch big-data processing
- Experience with big data infrastructure tools (Spark, Flink, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Kafka) and different data serialization tools (Protobuf, Thrift, Avro)
- Experience with relational databases and distributed storage systems (MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Proven strong collaboration skills and passion for learning new technologies
- Prior experience as a mentor/tech lead to mentor junior engineers and develop products at scale
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.