Staff Privacy Architect
About the Role
Technical Privacy's mission is to make Uber the industry model for consumer privacy through products and services, Privacy by Design, data governance, and transparent communications.
We are seeking experienced and passionate privacy specialists with technical depth, product intuition and entrepreneurial spirit to join our effort to act as end-to-end privacy strategists for Uber product teams and Privacy Engineering team.
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build innovative privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
What you'll do
- Build and drive adoption of privacy frameworks and best practices across the company, such as privacy-centric data handling guidelines and technical privacy reference architecture.
- Act as a strategic partner to product and engineering teams. Work with engineering and product leaders - from conceptualization to implementation - crafting the product/technology strategy and roadmap for privacy, mapping critical business priorities to dependencies, and aligning roadmaps. Provide technical guidance and support on Privacy By Design including privacy risk assessment and remediation of findings.
- Drive privacy strategy with executive leadership, in close collaboration with legal, policy, and communications specialists.
- Create innovative privacy and security technologies to solve business problems.
- Closely partner with Privacy Engineering to build solutions addressing common needs.
- Be an internal and external evangelist for Uber's privacy technology.
- Define and track privacy metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience building privacy into large-scale systems to protect user data . This includes contributing to and reviewing engineering/product designs, assessing privacy risks, and driving privacy by design through the organization.
- Experience evaluating, testing, and deploying privacy-preserving technologies.
- Versatility. Ability to understand business priorities across fast-growing verticals and attendant impact on data protection, provide technical privacy guidance accordingly, and ensure that all partners steer in the same direction at a healthy velocity.
- Passion. You're excited and equipped to share our message on privacy and data protection to our users, the industry, and other specialists. You may have given public talks or published blog posts or papers on privacy-related topics.
- Leadership. Demonstrated ability to educate partners on the privacy impact of design decisions and ensure innovation and data privacy coexist,and drive privacy strategy with partners and executive leadership.
- A great teammate. Your privacy expertise is matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.