Fullstack Engineer- Marketplace Intelligence and Data
The data & Intelligence team builds high-quality datasets, metrics, ML features, and data tools. As a full-stack engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building tools that empower everyone in the company to make the best use of all the data Uber has. You will be the key to connect hundreds of Petabyte-level data sources to actual business use cases. You will directly impact the day-to-day work of tens of thousands of internal users such as operation managers, customer support agents, data scientists, engineers, and executives.
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and users to understand users' day-to-day work and how data can help make their jobs easier. We have many new use cases that we want to explore. For example, how can we surface all the data that a customer agent needs to efficiently resolve customers' issues? How can we help operation managers to quickly evaluate the health of every Uber city?
- Design and build high-performance data pipelines that ingest multiple TBs of data daily. Work with tens of product teams to integrate 100+ upstream sources into our data pipelines. You will ensure the scalability and reliability of handling large amounts of data.
- Create reusable components and abstractions that make our applications easily extensible so that engineers across the company can contribute.
- Work on modern data applications using Kafka, Flink, Spark, RocksDB etc as well as Uber's proprietary data technologies
- Work on web applications with the latest web technologies - React, GraphQL, Flow, CSS in JS frameworks, node.js, and so on.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure an efficient user experience.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong distributed systems knowledge
- Industry experience working on large-scale data-intensive applications using technologies such as Apache Kafka, Spark, Flink etc
- Industry experience working on complex single-page web applications
- Experience with node.js and server-side frameworks like Express, Koa, or others
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.