About the Role
The upgrades technical consultant will be responsible for upgrading the Routematch application. This will include running database scripts, installing the application, and other prerequisites. This work will be performed on windows servers, workstations, and tablets. You will partner with the Upgrades Project Manager to perform Routematch upgrades or migrations, with a focus on client server environments.
About the Team
Routematch by Uber is the leading provider of intelligent transit solutions (ITS) spanning demand response, fixed route, payment, mobility, and on-demand transit solutions. We blend powerful technology and excellent service to equip transit agencies with the right tools to provide accessibility and mobility for every rider in their community. When everyone has access to transportation, individuals, communities, and societies thrive.
We're inspiring change in the transit world with new and improved products and top-notch service. We're hiring energetic, positive professionals to contribute their talents and creativity to solutions that empower people to change their lives and get moving. Routematch is a place where you can honestly say "my work matters".
What You'll Do
- Backup, migrate, and restore databases from one server to another to facilitate migrations.
- Answer technical questions as posed by the client's IT as they arise.
- Perform System audits, ensuring that all applicable Routematch products are being migrated or upgraded.
- Run database scripts to ensure clients are on the latest version during a migration or upgrade.
- Build and/or update maps for clients upon request.
- Upgrade or migrate all products during a project, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, SQL database, Routematch core application, tablet applications and reports. Troubleshoot any issues that arise during an upgrade or migration, utilizing external resources as needed.
- Work with the IT team to ensure that all requirements are met prior to the AWS team standing up the agency's environment.
- Perform workstation installs or upgrades as part of an upgrade/migration.
- Perform functionality tests on all migrated components.
- Update Salesforce after any environmental changes to ensure proper documentation.
- Experience troubleshooting technical software issues
- Experience with VPNs, Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance Software
- Technical knowledge of software, hardware, databases, and networking solutions
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree
- Knowledge of imaging computers
- Knowledge of computer Registries, Windows Server environments, SQL and SQL Server Management Studio, and Citrix and Citrix delivered systems
- 1+ years of experience with Routematch, with a firm grasp of all Products and how to support clients' technical issues
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.