City Manager, Uber Eats - Italy
About the Role
At Uber Eats, Territory teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and shape the future of food delivery in Italy.
This role calls for creative problem-solving, advanced analytics, critical thinking, a desire for execution and outstanding relationship building to partner with cross functional teams.
What You'll Do:
- Strategy: Lead your market by defining business priorities, set results-oriented timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions
- Lead a local team: we have local teams on the ground that will help run the business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organisation is vital to our long term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. We design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, build growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, handle partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to implement new processes and products in cities
- Travel a few days per week to cities to run the market, meet our biggest partners and collaborate with the local team
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 4 years validated work experience in investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; exposure in high-growth operations or startup experience is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as partner management, consensus building and project management
- A proven track record of strong people leadership skills
- Attention to detail and confirmed experience of working on multiple projects in parallel, prioritize actions to improve business results
- Flexible self-starter, hardworking and passionate about change. Skilled at balancing between short-term needs and long-term investments
- Outstanding Excel / data skills turning insights into strategies to drive executions in a scalable and efficient way.
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Willingness to lead a market and build the Uber Eats' business there. Weekly travel will be required
- Full proficiency in Italian and English is required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada