Head of Strategy & Planning, Uber Eats Taiwan
About the Role
The Head of Strategy & Planning for Uber Eats Taiwan is an important member of the core leadership team for the Eats business. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with cross functional team leaders, you will shape the strategy for the next phase of Uber Eats in Taiwan, carefully considering the stage and competitive context of our business and the different requirements across our 17 cities.
With your well developed business acumen and trusted relationships across teams, you are expected to bring sophisticated insights to the table, constantly pushing our thinking to be creative and fresh, yet with appropriate levels of risk. The person in this role will help the General Manager have a clear cross-team view, understanding Taiwan's business in its entirety.
What You'll Do:
- Business Planning: Lead half-yearly and annual planning (strategic, financial, people), which includes crafting a compelling country strategic narrative, identifying headline goals, and partnering with cross functional teams to determine corresponding OKRs in an integrated and cohesive manner. Partner with the Operations team on go-to-market strategy for new businesses or products as needed.
- Governance & Performance Management: Maintain a lean, effective operating cadence for accountability and decision making, allowing the team to remain nimble and dynamic while setting up the business to outperform plans. Partner closely with Strategic Finance for P&L oversight, promptly calling out opportunity and risk areas to the GM for decision making.
- Analytics & Insights: Acquire deep understanding of the operational aspects of our marketplace and generate strategic insights that surface growth opportunities in both the core business as well as new verticals.
- Industry & Competition: Partner with the Regional Strategy and Planning team to provide competitive insights and innovate on competitive strategy.
- Org & Enablement: Partner with the GM to create the right organization structure to enable effective strategy execution.
What You Will Need / Bonus Points
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in finance, strategy, consulting, investment banking or similar analytical roles.
- Strong commercial and operational acumen as well as critical problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong, cross functional relationships.
- Project and change management experience.
- Team leadership and development experience.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada