Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Operations, Leasing & IT Asset Disposition
About the Role
Uber is disrupting the way people move around in cities and suburbs. Uber is enabling not just people to move people (rides business), but also enabling people to move things (Eats, Freight). Furthermore, Uber is also enabling things to move people (Self driving cars) and working on things moving things (Eats delivery via drones). We're disrupting the everyday lives of people for the better around the world!
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, go-getter, curious and technically savvy manager to work on hardware supply chain, while gaining valuable experience working for the world's largest gig-economy company.
Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Operations, Leasing & IT Asset Disposition will be a key partner to various teams like Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay, Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management and Infrastructure Efficiency teams based in Uber offices in San Francisco, Sunnyvale and Pittsburgh. So if you're ready to learn how this company that is moving the world operates and willing to roll up your sleeves to manage hardware supply chain, leasing and IT Asset Disposition, read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Be the functional owner for all IT hardware leasing.
- Negotiate rental or leasing charges based on competitive market rates, type and cost of hardware, duration of lease, and overhead costs
- Perform impairment analysis to understand impairment of assets based on market value and manage the impairments.
- Analyze and understand residual trends, equipment exposures, and devise strategies to manage the leases efficiently.
- Manage initial leasing process and ongoing renewal of leases and lease buyouts.
- Negotiate lease contracts, specifying charges and payment procedures.
- Partner with technical accounting and strategic finance to record leases accurately on company financial records.
- Manage lease quoting and Bill of Materials (BOM) process with hardware ODMs (Original Device Manufacturers), hardware OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and lessors.
- IT Asset Disposition
- Manage IT asset disposition including compute, storage & network hardware
- Manage resale of IT hardware based on residual values, in a secure and environmental friendly way.
- Manage suppliers who can manage offsite and onsite destruction of infrastructure hardware
- Manage R2 certified supplier programs to ensure sustainable recycling.
- Ensure guarantee of destruction of data on all media using industry-standard practices.
- Negotiate multi-year contracts.
- Manage Purchase Orders (PO) process through ERP, invoice reconciliations and budgets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and drive supply chain process improvement projects at Uber
- Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results.
- Establish great working relationships with various teams at Uber including Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay, Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management and Infrastructure Efficiency
- Assist in providing regular status updates to key hardware stakeholders.
- Assist in performing quarterly reporting to management on key metrics, successes and improvement areas of the team.
- Assist in providing actionable strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, and change management impact of each of those options.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of visual dashboards that track vendor costs, delivery and savings performance of hardware and commodities over time.
- Ensure supply chain and strategic sourcing processes & systems are in compliance.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Engineering or any other related field
- Equipment leasing experience
- 10 years of total experience
- Willingness to work in an offshore model 9am-5 pm Eastern Standard Time with some flexibility based on projects supporting and leading stakeholders via video conferencing, audio conferencing, emails and chat.
- Master's degree in Finance/Business/Supply Chain/Engineering
- Be knowledgeable about various hardware product lines
- Quick learner and someone who over-communicates
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to escalate problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed engineering, finance and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Someone who is thorough with the details and can perform work that involves digging-deep into problems, contracts and numbers
- A go-getter who is hungry to learn more! If this is you, apply soon!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.