Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Operations, Tablets & Specialized Hardware
About the Role
Uber is disrupting the way people move around in cities and suburbs. Uber is enabling not just people to move people (rides business), but also enabling people to move things (Eats, Freight). Furthermore, Uber is also enabling things to move people (Self driving cars) and working on things moving things (Eats delivery via drones).We're disrupting everyday lives of people for the better around the world!
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, go-getter, curious and technically savvy manager to work on supply chain and sourcing hardware related commodities and services, while gaining valuable experience working for the world's largest gig-economy company.
Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Operations, Tablets & Special Hardware will be a key partner to various teams like Eats, Freight, Elevate, Hardware Engineering, Autonomous Technology Group, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay teams based in Uber offices around the world. So if you're ready to learn how this company that is moving the world operates and willing to roll up your sleeves to manage supply chain & source hardware, read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Assist & drive supply chain related projects and sourcing of technical commodities and services related to following areas at Uber - Eats tablets, Tracking devices, specialized hardware, Integrator services, etc.
- Drive total cost of ownership (TCO) reductions in hardware commodities and services for Uber.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of commodities managed
- Ensure On-Time delivery of commodities managed
- Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results.
- Build deep relationships with key hardware suppliers and partners to craft win-win solutions.
- Establish great working relationships with various teams at Uber including Eats, Freight, Elevate, Hardware Engineering, Autonomous Technology Group, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay teams
- Negotiate contracts, commercials and key deal terms.
- Benchmark quotes and Bill of Materials (BOM) with industry.
- Assist in providing regular status updates to key hardware stakeholders.
- Assist in performing quarterly reporting to management on key metrics, successes and improvement areas of the team.
- Use eRFP tools to source hardware related products and services.
- Assist in providing actionable strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, and change management impact of each of those options.
- Assist in performing hardware supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding, supplier response analysis and negotiation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and assist in operational excellence.
- Lead process improvement initiatives and document processes.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of visual dashboards that track vendor costs, delivery and savings performance of hardware and commodities over time.
- Ensure supply chain & strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance.
- Assist in managing purchase Orders, invoice reconciliation and budget controls.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Hardware Sourcing or Supply chain experience
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to work in an offshore model 9am-5 pm Eastern Standard Time with some flexibility based on projects supporting and leading stakeholders via video conferencing, audio conferencing, emails and chat.
- Master's degree in Business/Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Quick learner and expert negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Someone who over-communicates.
- Basic understanding of hardware like tablets, consumer electronics, specialized hardware etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to escalate problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed engineering, finance and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Someone who is thorough with the details and can perform work that involves digging-deep into problems, contracts and numbers
- A go-getter who is hungry to learn more! If this is you, apply soon!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.