Sr. Product Manager - People Tech
About the Role
As a Product Manager within the People Tech and Productivity organization, you will be driving the development and execution of Uber employee experiences powered by Productivity and People Technologies. The PM will be using the best of breed technologies, and customer-centric techniques to accomplish this at a global scale that has never been done before in the industry maximizing the power of design, data, and experimentation. You will ensure the delivery of industry-leading Employee Core Experiences ranging from onboarding to offboarding including service delivery: process optimization, cognitive and workflow automation, and support.
What You'll Do
- Lead product and delivery software systems for Uber employees passionate about employee engagement
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting complex information to tech and business teams (People and IT-Eng)
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of the cross-functional team aligned and motivated.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap), and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against the team and company goals. Requires challenging the cross-functional teams (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products, execution plans, and insightful talent analytics.
- Collaborate with systems engineers, developers, design, data science, UX and behavioral researchers
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal teams to Uber executives, employees to riders.
What You'll Need
This role demands a real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar, and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backward.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- 7+ years' experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology platforms with your signature all over them.
- Keen design thinking point of view and experience building visual interaction surfaces for consumer or enterprise
- Data oriented decision-making ability.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for a great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
Preferred Skills If Any
- Experience at a high paced, fast-growing tech startup
- Developer experience, including writing, testing, and deploying code
- Experience with employee experience technologies and or platforms.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.