Sr. Systems Engineer, Client Platform
With over 20,000 employees globally, Uber is bolstered by a network of tools and services to improve productivity, business operations, sustainability, and corporate infrastructure. The Information Technology team makes Uber a better place to work.
About the Role
Client Platform Engineering (CPE) is a core part of our infrastructure. CPE expands beyond a single platform and empowers devices to be deployed, from employee computers and mobile devices all the way to devices in our product organization deployed to our revenue facing businesses like Uber Eats and Uber Freight. This team is a diverse and dynamic group that are passionate about solving large scale problems with a mixture of 3rd party software and platforms combines with in-house built solutions.
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Client Platform Engineering team that manages the global endpoints fleet at Uber. You will work as an SME on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across product engineering and tech services. You will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of connected devices currently active in the wild. In addition, you'll be partnering with core engineering teams to help scale and maintain our developer mobile device lab.
What You'll Do
- Manage, administrate and help scale our global fleet of MDM connected devices (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Write tools/cookbooks to automate application distribution and management using internal tools
- Scale and maintain hundreds of mobile devices in our server rooms which serve as our developers' device lab for performance and regression testing
- Work on Client Platform Engineering priority projects. Operate as the Domain Specialist managing project requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Help drive the endpoint security model working closely with the security teams, and establish standard methodologies in an enterprise environment
- Respond to and participate in the resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, vulnerabilities, and zero-day attacks.
- Act as an escalation point between the support teams and other IT teams on issues relating to client platforms
- Design detailed monitoring and reporting dashboards for both, the infrastructure managing the endpoint fleet, as well as the endpoints.
- Mentor junior members on the IT and CPE team
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Ability to work closely with 3rd party vendors (software and hardware) clearly communicate our initiatives and create vendor specs while maintaining strong relationships with our vendor partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with scripting and software development with Ruby, Python, Go, Powershell, Bash, etc..
- 5+ years of experience working with mobility and endpoint management software (SCCM, Chocolatey, Airwatch, Chef, Puppet, Mobileiron, Munki, and others)
- Subject Matter Expert-level knowledge and experience with administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows, Apple hardware, Android hardware-related software
- Experience with network connectivity (wireless, LAN/WAN routing)
- Knowledge of Networking technologies and security platforms is highly desired.
- Customer-focused with good communications and interpersonal skills.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.