Head of Community Operations Rides, NEE - London
At Uber, providing outstanding customer service to riders and driver-partners is a core feature of our product experience. As CommOps is embarking on its way to deliver for all scalable customer interactions (via In-App Support, phone, chat, or in person, via our Green Light Hubs), we're looking for leaders who can understand the details of Uber's operations. Also, adapt & scale to our constantly evolving business needs, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
As the Head of Customer Experience for Northern & Eastern Europe, you will be a critical member of EMEA Community Operations Leadership team. You will lead our teams in the NEE region, composed of UKI, Northern Europe (eg Benelux, Nordics) and Central Eastern Europe (including Poland, Ukraine, Romania)! You'll be responsible for all customer-centric metrics, including speed, quality (both customer & operational excellence), and financials. You will rely on your team, composed of managers and GreenLight specialists (who serve our community locally), and other teams, including our COE & BPO network, to deliver.
The right person will be able to lead a diverse team to handle our day-to-day performance, deliver operational excellence (which is a condition of our TFL license), drive & support innovation at Uber speed and scale (think our Green program), consistently push for more efficiency and deliver elite service.
You'll come with a track record of building teams and systems tied directly to the top and bottom-line results of the organization. Ideally with experience discovering and designing processes for scale, on top of a strong track record in handling sophisticated stakeholder relationships.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Community Operations and Greenlight across NEE (composed of 15 managers and 100+ specialists)
- Lead the strategy, business targets, operational targets, team health, and financial performance of the support organization throughout the region.
- Partner with the Ops management and Central CommOps management to deliver on outstanding customer experience. Also, support the fast growth of the markets, define and deliver on the business priorities for the region
- Empower and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics. Take charge of leadership, growth, and development of a team of managers and senior managers.
- Listen attentively to the voice of our Uber community and use this feedback to advise decision making in the rest of the company
What you'll need:
- Minimum 10 years of operational leadership experience. This to include experience in leading large teams with overall ownership preferred in an international company.
- Excellent people management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively lead, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations.
- A self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and resolve difficult problems.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, detailed organization, program/project management. Lean six sigma a plus!
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from a top school preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.