Test Support Manager
About the Role
As a Test Support Manager, you will be responsible for the Test Support Team in its entirety. You and your team of 2 to 5 Track Support Leads, will support closed course scenario testing at Uber's Testing & Operations facilities.
What You'll Do
- Owns, creates, maintains all Operating Procedures for the TSS and TSS Lead roles
- Understand and have the ability and experience to perform all Test Support Specialist duties
- Captures input, obtain alignment with all key stakeholders (MS teams, Track Manager, Track Control, Test Engineering Teams, Testing & Operations Manager, Legal, HR, EHS, Track Hardware Engineering, TPMs, facilities...)
- Ensures new testing procedures are cascaded and followed by the TS team.
- Works with Test Engineers on new testing procedures to ensure the TS team can support.
- Ensures all issues with test equipment and in testing are rapidly captured and responded to per Fleet Readiness ticketing processes.
- Ensures Test Support can meet the needs of new Testing methodologies.
- Continuously apply Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology to all TS roles - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control for all TSS processes.
- Work with Operational Performance Analyst to define each step in TSS process and ensure we can accurately measure the cost (time and resources) for each step and the quality of the input and outputs.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on the TSS process and know and communicate accurately and succinctly what is working well, what could use improvement but is working, what is blocking. Work with stakeholders to continuously track and improve.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 4+ Years of Testing experience or industry equivalent
- Valid US driver's license required
- Ability to pass an FMCSA based physical and drug screening on a regular and random cadence
- Automotive Track Testing.
- Autonomous Testing or other, equivalent testing
- Leadership and Management experience required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- A can-do customer service demeanor with abilities to multi-task in an unstructured environment
- Ability to solve problems, or solve them when appropriate.
- Proficient and professional communication with mission specialists, vehicle technicians, test engineers, and Operations management.
- The ability and willingness to operate independently with little or no supervision but also be able to communicate and deliver in a closely managed and controlled testing environment.
- Operate Safely, meeting company safety standards.
- Lead by example (LBE)
- Proficiency to Manage, execute, and understand assignments with challenging physical conditions; riding a bicycle, skateboard, rollerblades, motorcycles, large vehicles, drones, or similar apparatus.
- Experience operating heavy equipment, e.g., fork truck, boom lift, scissor lift
- Proficiency in computers and electronics.
- Knowledge of Google Suite and web-based ticketing systems is required.
- Video Editing and CAD programs preferred.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.