Senior Merchant Strategy and Operations Manager
The Markets team is accountable for driving Uber Eats' next wave of growth, including new Lines of Business. One of these is 'Uber Direct', a last-mile delivery service for business customers. The last-mile delivery market is estimated to be worth upwards of $7.5b AUD in Australia, with a rapidly growing consumer preference for on-demand (not just same-day/next-day) services.
Uber Direct has the potential to support on-demand delivery across a range of customer verticals - restaurants, retailers, grocery stores, and many more. You will set the course for the merchant teams in ANZ (across Uber for Business and Eats Sales) by defining which verticals and segments we prioritise, and ensuring we have the right sales, operational, and product processes in place for our partners and prospective merchants.
What You'll Do:
- Define and iterate the go-to-market strategy for Uber Direct merchants (restaurants, grocery, and non-food) in ANZ in partnership with the local merchant, and global strategy teams. You will identify and prioritize merchant segments, and set the pricing and value proposition for each.
- Own the end to end merchant lifecycle/customer journey for Uber Direct merchants, ensuring that we have the right sales, operational, and product process in place.
- Build the sales infrastructure so the sales teams are encouraged and able to sell effectively. You will have support from Sales Operations, but expect to get your hands dirty building lead lists, establishing an inbound process, and creating excellent sales materials and collateral.
- Maintain absolute clarity over the current pipeline of merchants, and how we're pacing to meet our business goals as Uber Direct scales. This will involve building reporting, pipeline reviews with the relevant sales managers, and pressure testing assumptions about deal timelines and probabilities.
- Build an efficient merchant onboarding and support process. You will need to partner with various sales and customer support teams to make this happen, balancing customer experience and process efficiency.
What You'll Need:
- A proven track record: You'll have 4-7 years of business management, operations, sales, or sales operations experience in a dynamic environment.
- Experience building go-to-market plans, including pricing, sales strategy, customer segmentation and prioritisation.
- Experience in program and partner management: You'll need to coordinate multiple workstreams and engage partners from across the organisation.
- Willingness and confidence to be customer-facing: You'll be required to quickly build trust with partner merchants as the product specialist for Uber Direct, and our sales teams will rely on your clear and effective communication.
- Previous experience in last-mile (shipper or carrier side) or general logistics is a plus, but not required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.