Senior Product Design Lead, Inclusive Design
About the Role
We are seeking a product designer to lead the company's inclusive design initiatives. You'll define and develop inclusive design principles and frameworks to support our efforts to deliver on the 14 commitments we've made to eliminate racism and disproportionate the Uber platform impact concerning underrepresented groups.You will facilitate communication between our product team and the communities our products serve, and you will act as a strategic thought partner on product development and critical decisions pertaining to inclusive design. Most importantly, you will inspire and equip design, product and engineering teams with the knowledge, processes, artifacts and tools to establish and sustain a culture of systemic inclusion across Uber.
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique and industry defining products. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen in a way that is inclusive for all products, every time with no exceptions.
What you'll do
- Sit at the intersection of Design, Diversity and Inclusion, Policy and the diverse communities Uber serves globally
- Collaborate with product teams across Uber, including Rider, Driver, Marketplace, Eats, Transit, Safety, Security and Privacy and more
- Define end-to-end inclusive design model that includes solutions from idea stage through launch
- Build a product review and remediation process for inclusive design
- Deliver inclusive design training for tech and non-tech employees
- Develop and disseminate high-impact inclusive product ideas across Uber's tech teams at the beginning of each bi-annual planning cycle
- Establish inclusive design approaches to inform and shape marketplace fairness, as well as a scalable process for addressing problems identified post-launch
- Develop a short-term roadmap and long-term vision for Inclusive Design at Uber
- Build guidelines and recommend methodologies for Uber's product management team on how to assess the risk of disproportionate impact and build inclusive products
- 5 + Years of product design experience
- Experience building products for Android or iOS
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work and shipped features and products
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs
- Ability to synthesize complex projects to build a clear timeline of phases and tasks towards deliverables for design and cross-functional collaborators
- Experience and / or desire to build for a diverse consumer audience
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Proficiency with the latest tools to design and a strong desire to learn new ones
- Expertise at developing and conveying ideas making business concepts and data visually engaging
- Ability to take large complex projects and build a clear timeline of tasks and deliverables in a way that uses teammates, tests, and iterates
- Define the 'what' as well as the 'how' in collaboration with your product manager partner.
- Experience with the user and technical challenges faced in inclusive design for social and racial justice and/or accessibility
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.