Autonomy Systems Software Engineer
The Autonomy Systems team develops ATG's self-driving vehicle execution framework and tooling, which runs our autonomy software both onboard our vehicles and deterministically in simulations. Hundreds of developers use our libraries and tools every day to develop new self-driving capabilities, build simulations, root cause issues, and measure performance. We work closely with all autonomy and simulation teams to ensure our onboard code is operating well and our sims are fast and realistic. Creating the software that drives a self-driving car is a wildly complex task, but we simplify it with intuitive interfaces, highly performant execution, and easy to use tools.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop highly optimized software in C++
- Collaborate with teams across the autonomy, simulation, and vehicle platform groups to help them build the best possible systems within our framework
- Propose new code designs and write technical design documents
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- A passion for writing intuitive, high-performance code
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in large codebases
- Experience with modern C++ for a real-world robotic system
- Comfortable programming in Python
- Strong programming skills in modern C++
- Strong software development background demonstrated by industry experience in robotics, systems software, computer vision, gaming, or mapping
- C++20 experience/knowledge
- Experience with Bazel
- Comfortable with Linux/other Unix environments
- Elementary Tensorflow or Pytorch machine learning knowledge
- CUDA experience
- C/C++ or CUDA toolchain knowledge
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.