General Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa - Uber Eats
About the Role
As the General Manager for Uber Eats in Sub-Saharan Africa, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our food delivery platform in one of our key markets globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is a critical component for success. Add to that the fact that we're delivering a perishable product on demand and at extensive scale and you have a really unique set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and our users are passionate about eating appetizing food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
If you have that mix of operational prowess to get excellent work done, the collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our restaurant partners, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop creative solutions, and the expansive vision required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people, we want to be in touch!
This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out a business, who's obsessed with tinkering and iterating to obtain operational excellence and 'Uber' quality throughout the customer's experience. Regional and country strategy, marketing, marketplace efficiency, quality, P&L ownership and customer experience sit under the GM's umbrella of responsibilities. Deeply understanding your market and building local partnerships is critical. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of smart and passionate people towards building the food delivery business across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Set mission and strategy with your team, enabling them to drive execution in their market
- Work cross-functionally: Collaborate with the Uber Eats team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Uber Eats in the region
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Build the business from ground up: Be onsite at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Work with other General managers and your teams to help scale our cities through developing and sharing innovative ways of working.
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many exciting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is at our core.
- Engage with local regulatory and political partners within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale Uber Eats to other cities within South Africa and Kenya
What You'll Need
- At least 8 years of experience in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area at managerial level.
- Your decision mentality and sound business judgement integrates data - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace and can make sensible commercial decisions to reflect this
- Effective project management - experience delivering on wide-ranging projects with many partners
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Experience managing a team, with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- A passion for Uber Eats and growing the brand
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
Uber South Africa is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered during the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.