Senior Operation and Fulfilment Manager - New Verticals (Grocery)
About the Role
UberEats Taiwan has been a successful market for our global business. The New Verticals team reports directly to the Head of New Verticals and is responsible for piloting, launching and scaling Uber Eats' new products and categories including grocery, convenience, pickup, and others. We are looking for a passionate and committed Senior Operations Manager to enable our new businesses through their next phase of growth.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for piloting a few key growth initiatives with a view to define our mid to long-term strategy. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to test a brand-new business model that has the potential to inform Uber Eats' global strategy and scale rapidly within Taiwan.
What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to the General Manager and Head of New Verticals to support the growth of the Taiwan business, translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving financial and operational results.
- A meaningful cross-functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are essential to the successful execution of your plan, including Operations, Community Operations, Sales, Sales Ops, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Communications, Tax, Finance, Business Development, and more.
- A transparent and vocal champion for our merchants, customers, and partners.
- A proficient, decisive, and optimistic leader that can rally many teams and partners to achieve a shared vision.
What You'll Do:
- Launch and operate a pilot (e.g. Define the customer value proposition, select a partner, define and agree on commercials, select locations, identify and source resources, develop and implement processes and systems, hire and train staff, coordinate day-to-day operations, etc.)
- Work closely with the global grocery team in San Francisco and other pilot cities to share findings and help shape the future of this model.
- Define and execute the expansion strategy for 2021+ business model(s), business partner(s), commercials, roll-out timelines, technology and process, team hiring, etc.
What You'll Need:
- A proven track record: Minimally 5 years of business management or operations experience in a dynamic environment.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity: Launching a new business model isn't easy, and there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and cross-functional partners, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement attitude: You'll be as comfortable in the office as you are in the warehouse/store. You won't get it right on day 1, or week 1, or month 1... However, by being in the detail and deeply understanding all aspects of the business' operations, you'll be best placed to advise and execute on improvement opportunities.
- Business Development/Partnership and Vendor experience: You will be dealing with a range of potential partners and external vendors and suppliers - you'll need to build and maintain these relationships while optimising commercial and operational outcomes for all parties.
- Partner management: You'll need to engage and acquire agreement from partners across the organisation.
- Team leadership experience: Although you won't have a team immediately, you will need to hire quickly if/when this scales (depending on the selected expansion model).
- Previous experience in grocery and/or retail is a plus, but not required.
- Traditional Chinese fluency, reading, written, and spoken.
- English Advanced Business Fluency, reading, written and spoken.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.