Business Systems Analyst- Finance Applications (Oracle ERP)
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst within Revenue Products to build financial platforms which are truly world class. As a part of a distributed team with presence in multiple locations supporting Uber businesses in 650+ cities. You will build platforms to automate key revenue processes, optimize financial close activities, onboard new businesses and markets onto Uber financial systems, and enable visibility into financials in near real-time.
This role will be responsible for designing and building Uber's financial infrastructure supporting revenue accounting, settlement reconciliation, billing and invoicing, and revenue analytics. Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you launch and by your ability to deliver working across a high-performing team that includes Product, Engineering, Data, Finance, Design, and Operations.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team to build financial systems supporting and automating the order to cash lifecycle
- Gather and synthesize business requirements and processes into functional design specifications
- Design / implement features and systems that will help accounting accelerate the month-end close process
- Analyze and identify process bottlenecks
- Enable the revenue and accounts payable teams to easily reconcile data between internal systems, payment processors and bank statements
- Coordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing
- Support month-end revenue close process
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6+ years of business analysis experience working with financial systems
- Experience in deploying financial application projects globally in a controls environment
- Passionate about improving processes and articulate to partners using various tools and techniques- process flows, data flows, business use cases etc.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss.
- You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A track record of driving challenging and complex programs/projects to closure
- In depth understanding of large company's accounting monthly close process and financial controls
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.