Sr Test Engineer
About the Role
As a Test Engineer, you'll partner closely with ATG Systems Engineering and Software Engineering to gain a deep understanding of autonomy systems and subsystems, ingest formal system and subsystem requirements, and create end-to-end verification and testing.
What You'll Do
- Become a subject matter expert in an autonomy-focus area (Perception, Prediction, Motion Planning, Core Autonomy Platform, etc.), leveraging knowledge of software architectures
- Develop revolutionary new test methods in the self-driving space
- Focus on building out scalable simulation test and verification solutions
- Ensure degrees of technical readiness through testing, R&D, and formal verification efforts
- Ingest system and subsystem requirements and create associated, traceable test coverage
- Develop and execute a comprehensive software and hardware verification strategy that combines simulation, laboratory / HIL, closed track, and open road testing
- Modify and/or maintain tooling related to software testing, verification, metrics, and analysis
- Collaborate with a diverse, multi-functional team across multiple geographic locations (in person and via video conference)
- Make sophisticated, data driven decisions
- Provide frequent and clear communication to other teams, peers, and external partners
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD Degree in Engineering Systems, Computer, Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Biomedical, Computer Science or another relevant engineering/science field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in development or testing of complex, software intensive, electromechanical systems such as automotive, aerospace, defense or medical robotic systems
- 5 years with Bachelors OR 3 years with Master OR 2 years with PhD (requirement may be waived for PhD graduates with highly relevant research specialization
- Knowledge of a software development language, such as C++ or Python
- Experience in AI, machine learning, computer vision, and/or neural networks
- Experience in model-based design of safety-critical embedded software
- Experience in machine learning development platforms such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Software-focused test background
- Understanding of diverse test modalities, such as simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, laboratory, and field testing
- Familiarity with testing levels from unit, through integration, through product validation
- Experience in safety-critical development and testing
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.