Tax Manager, Domestic Tax Reporting
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Manager to our growing tax team! This role will support our domestic tax reporting function. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a strong tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced global environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's US (federal) quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures, including computation of book to tax differences, tracking of deferred taxes inventory, and supporting tasks related to ASC 740-10 (FIN48)
- Manage all aspects of income tax compliance including the preparation and timely filing of the consolidated federal income tax return including foreign information reporting
- Assist in tax forecasts with multiple scenarios to aid planning and decision making
- Manage quarterly income tax estimated and extensions
- Review fixed asset subledgers and tax depreciation
- Prepare reconciliations and analyses for accounts as assigned
- Contribute to process and technology improvements aimed at streamlining the compliance and reporting
- Research tax issues, review legislative developments and evaluate the impact including tax reform
- Support in the management of tax audits
- Assist in developing financial modeling in support of tax planning and initiatives evaluation
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
- 5+ years relevant tax and accounting experience for large, public, global corporation in either a public accounting or corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; MST/CPA preferred
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- OneSource Income Tax and Provision and experience with Oracle and HFM a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.