Senior Software Developer - Databases Production Engineering
About the Role
Storage, Search and Reliability Platform is looking for productive and enthusiastic individuals to join the Database Production Engineering team.
As a senior software engineer you will integrate various database offers into existing quickly developing infrastructure.
This is a role in the Infrastructure/Storage as an individual contributor.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design and implement the features of technical offers based on the analysis of use cases
- Integrate various Storage (database) offers into unified infrastructure (placement, monitoring, automatic mitigation, ...).
- Create tooling to ensure fulfilling reliability and performance SLA's at scale.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure optimal use of infrastructure
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 5+ years Experience with coding
- Experience in IT infrastructure: integrating database technology(-ies) into existing infrastructure
- Experience in developing of infrastructure tooling
- Deep understanding of different database types (relational, key-value, columnar, time-series)
- Experience in using the Go programming language
- Experience in managing large-scale infrastructure
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.