Territory Operations Manager, Uber Eats - East Midlands
About the Role
The Territory Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of Uber Eats in the East Midlands. The Territory Manager will support the GM for their region by developing a deep, quantitative understanding of local market dynamics, building and nurturing relationships with key local stakeholders and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of communication and stakeholder management skills, savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work with teams from across the business. Further, as Uber Eats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
What you'll do:
- Own the performance of the East Midlands markets, driving the top and bottom line results of our operations in the cities we serve
- Build and nurture relationships with some of our strategic local restaurant partners (e.g. national chain's local franchisees; local influencers; local favourite independents)
- Win Local Favorites: identify key restaurant opportunities to lock in strategic partners, working with Restaurant sales to push these over the line
- Secure Restaurant Selection: identify restaurant partnerships at risk through core metric analysis and build recommendations on how to prevent restaurant churn
- Build Tools: identify gaps in restaurant selection or marketplace reliability to help ensure Central teams are maximising their impact
- Experiment: take the lead on local tests of new practices and document learnings to help shape the future of our UK and EMEA processes
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years of experience of operations management / consulting / business development / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Proven and experienced people manager with strong team management skills
- Experience in sales & account management and a proven track record in business development and client management.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through extremely strong analytical thinking and modelling ability.
- Good business understanding and judgement. Comfortable in understanding a business through its financial information and thoughtful about overall strategic choices
- Empathetic in dealing with different people. Able to quickly build relationships with external partners, couriers and internal stakeholders with no problem
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Able to cope with pressure and an environment where not everything works yet. Much more interested in taking ownership of problems than in worrying about whose problem it is
- Curious and eager to learn about all aspects of the business. Can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers
- Must have the right to work in the UK
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.