Research and Insights Manager
The most successful technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who can effectively engage with consumer, political, and business audiences alike, helping them understand the magic behind and the benefits of the products they use.
We are looking for an experienced market research professional to work in our APAC research and insights team. This role covers a vast and diverse geographic expanse and is home to some of Uber's most consequential business opportunities. As a research manager, you will be a member of the global research team that is a key strategic partner for Uber's Marketing, Policy, Communications, Business Operations, and Product teams. Our team is helping Uber change the way cities move, and you will have a meaningful role in delivering world-class research in this business-critical region.
What You'll Do:
- Build framework, processes and roadmap for insights in North Asia, elevating customer to lead strategy and planning throughout the business
- Project manage and continuously improve our platform which helps surface customer insights at scale
- Support the Head of R&I for the International Markets Vertical on ongoing project management of multiple projects including Brand tracking, Safety, New product launches, and other customized projects
- Analyse survey data using Excel and Qualtrics to prepare presentations and results, ensuring these are tailored to partner requirements
- Clearly and confidently communicate and share research findings to the business, within required timeframes
- Be a key point of contact for research agencies acquire costs, raise purchase orders and service agreements
- Ensure fieldwork is managed accurately, within timelines and budgets, and project requirements are understood by all parties involved
- Develop good working relationships with various Uber teams (Marketing, Strategy and Planning, Policy and Comms, Operations, CommOps and Legal) and researchers around the globe
What You'll Need:
- 8-12 years experience in customer research roles across Qual / Quant
- Demonstrated track record of taking customer/market research and working with marketing teams and external research agencies to implement
- Strong knowledge of the North Asia market, ideally with prior experience working across Japan
- Strong experience in questionnaire and discussion guide design, and structural processes to implement these into business rhythms
- A clear passion for identifying customer needs and insights
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively prepare and communicate research findings.
- Previous experience in managing North Asian markets will be well regarded
- Knowledge of local cultures, customs and language will be well regarded
- Previous experience in client side roles will be well regarded
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.