Business Development Manager, Earner & Vehicle Solutions
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. Successful candidates will bring a dynamic combination of IQ and EQ, an ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and strong interpersonal skills to maximize value in partnership negotiations
Growing the opportunity for drivers to partner with Uber is at the core of what we do - it's igniting opportunity and ensuring equal access to the Uber platform. At Uber, not only are we fundamentally changing the need for car ownership for riders, but we're disrupting car ownership for drivers, too. We believe that car ownership should not get in the way of becoming an Uber driver partner, and facilitating the right vehicle option and engagement with our driver partners is critical to our growth efforts across the globe.
The Business Development team plays a key role in driving partnerships to build vehicle access and driver engagement. The key partnerships led by this person include Automotive industry players and driver loyalty offerings. You will have tremendous impact in formulating our global approach to vehicle and driver engagement partnerships and executing on a vision to provide access/enhancement to income opportunities to millions of drivers.
This role is for you if you are someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and is comfortable with both building strategy and driving execution! Essentially, this role needs a business-oriented strategist and with the responsibility of driving this strategy while working closely with multiple partners internally and externally.
What you will do
- Collaborate with global BD, product and ops leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to drive extraordinary impact to business priorities through business development activities.
- Lead the global partnership strategy around earners and vehicles. In this role, you would be responsible to drive affordable access to vehicles and work closely on driver partner engagement and loyalty
- Work closely with different regional BD teams to help drive global strategy and deal execution
- Lead business planning with key internal partners across product, legal, operations etc.
- Work closely with global OEMs to build robust business relationships with senior executives to drive business plans
- Work on Uber's Electric Vehicles business and partnerships strategy
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress in the vehicles and earners vertical
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- Support/lead the development of long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA preferred
- Around 6-10 years of demonstrated ability in business development with exposure to the tech industry, automotive industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity
- Strong analytical skills with ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Experienced in cultivating, negotiating, and growing business partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and negotiate hard with partners, and adeptly lead the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals
- Adaptability to change within a fast-paced corporate environment
- Past experience with the Automotive industry
- Experience working across multiple global markets at leading tech companies
About the Team
The Business Development Team is a high-powered group with the potential of generating impact across the organization, through third-party strategic relationships. This role is a part of the central BD team that drives global program partnerships strategy and also works closely with multiple internal partners to drive business results.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.