Sr. Software Engineer
About the Role
The Simulation Scale team develops ATG's self-driving vehicle offline testing execution framework and tooling. We run autonomy simulations at massive scale, utilizing large scale compute and services for execution, data collection and accessing results of offline tests. Hundreds of developers use our system every day to test and assess new self-driving capabilities, root cause issues, and measure performance. We work closely with all autonomy and system teams to ensure the simulation test system is highly available, reliable and efficient for the scale of operations at ATG. Creating the software that drives a self-driving car requires a large amount of simulated testing to ensure safety and capability requirements are being met, and we make sure that process is efficient and seamless in the development workflow.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop large, distributed batch execution, data collection and processing services in the cloud
- Collaborate with teams across the autonomy, systems engineering, and vehicle platform groups to help them get the signal they need from offline testing to assess autonomy performance
- Propose new code designs and write technical design documents
- Lead and drive key projects for the Scale team
- Mentor junior team members and maintain engineering excellence
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with large scale distributed systems or microservice architectures
- Strong programming skills in modern languages like Golang, Python, C++, Java
- A passion for writing robust, intuitive, high-performance code
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in large codebases
- Strong software development background demonstrated by industry experience in production web, mobile, SaaS or cloud computing
- Experience in relational database administration
- Experience using and deploying AWS resources and services
- Familiar with web application development
- Comfortable with Linux/other Unix environments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.