Senior Manager, People Business Operations
About the Team
The People Business Operations team is responsible for building and scaling the infrastructure, upon which Uber's employee experience and people processes can scale. We care deeply about ensuring the most effective experience for our employees, in alignment with the larger business and organizational strategy. Our team is a mix of user centric design thinkers, operations experts and program managers. Our scope offers us the unique exposure to the entire People team ecosystem as well as a vast array of cross functional partners.
About the Role
Given the exciting growth in our employee base across the globe, we are at a critical stage of shaping the overall employee experience. In this role, you will have direct influence in shaping the employee experience strategy and operationalizing it, in partnership with a vast array of teams within and beyond the People function.
What You'll Do
- Play a critical role in crafting the strategy for the overall employee experience based on a sound understanding of the past and present context of Uber, and an informed view of future possibilities.
- Support the People Team leadership in building and maintaining a backlog of priorities, to help operationalize this vision in a disciplined and focussed approach. This will require a strategic balance of considerations like user impact, cross functional readiness or dependencies, resource optimization, financial impact, etc.
- Leverage human centered design principles to lead or participate in solutioning for prioritized user journeys that drive progress in the employee experience strategy.
- Generate innovative and resourceful solutions through a combination of levers, including but not limited to process optimization, technology and automation, offshoring, contingent workforce, etc.
- Due to the highly matrixed nature of the role, you will be expected to seamlessly partner with and influence various teams from within and beyond the People team (HRBPs, D&I, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Finance, Legal, IT, etc.)
- Lead projects from discovery and design through to completion - develop the project plan, lead all the meetings, and drive to results
- Minimum of 11 years of experience in one or more areas related to Employee / Customer Experience (EX, CX, UX), HR Operations, and/or Business Operations and related areas.
- Proven expertise in leveraging systems thinking and design thinking to solve user problems
- Self-starter attitude - you boldly pursue your work and love the responsibility of being personally empowered
- Curiosity - you're innovative, creative, and constantly looking for opportunities to tweak and optimize
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking one week, one month, or one year ahead of where the team is now
- Proven experience and resilience for operating in a fast paced, agile, ambiguous, multi-geographic context.
- Domain expertise, self awareness and humility to lead / mentor team members, while continuously learning and growing yourself.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to derive the People strategy from the overall business strategy
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.