Sr Software Engineer - Android
About The Role
As an engineer on Mobile Foundations & Dev Experience team, you'll work on the frameworks & tools used by Uber's large mobile development community. We empower developers to quickly iterate on features and ship reliable & modern mobile apps on a massive scale!
- At least 4 years of experience working with the Android Platform
- Excellent fundamentals in software engineering
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with a globally distributed team to help discover gaps in our frameworks, tooling, and infrastructure and help drive solutions
- Experience in mobile platform & developer tools
- Mentor other engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality
- Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement
- Strong written, verbal communication skills; ability to influence others within your team and outside your team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.