Full Stack Engineering - Data Platform
About the Role
Our teams build an distributed open platform to move data across multi-datacenters and hundreds services, transform data into a usable form and load it into the system for making insightful decisions. The platform enables all data scientists, engineers, operators at Uber to produce data daily and scales for a large number of data workflows running in multi-tenancy with great security and isolation. We build pre-cooked workflows, ETL and end-to-end data solutions, make them available in uWorc, the rich drag&drop UI to author and manage data pipelines, provide REST APIs, dev tools and ecosystems to build, test, deploy and monitor pipelines in convenience.
Know more from our engineer blog - Managing Uber's Data Workflows at Scale
About The Role/What You'll Do
You Will Have a Chance To
- Design and implement features and data solutions in UI, REST API and backend
- Improve and enrich platform's unified UI console - uWorc
- Work with Uber data users, PMs, other teams to drive efficiency and productivity improvements through design and flow automation
- Work with engineers across the stack and across data platform to write, present and review design documents that promote and share best engineering practices
Support your fellow teammates, review the team's technical design, code and user documentation
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science and related fields
- Full stack software development experience
- Experience with backend web application frameworks
- Solid experience on REST API
- Experience with backend web application framework
- Experience with backend web application frameworks (eg. Dropwizard, Flask)
- Experience working on UI frameworks, and build UI platforms at scale
- Hands on experience of interacting with multi micro-services and cloud services through Web APIs
- Understand data processing and ETL workflows and interact with various data systems like Hive Hdfs, Presto, Spark etc
- Experience partnering with product, design and proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build sophisticated user experiences
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.