About the Role
The Analytics & Insights team powers data-driven decision making in Uber's Web team! As a data analyst on this team, you will shape the experience of customers interacting with Web at Uber. Additionally, you will uncover insights from Web interactions to drive product and operational improvements.
While the Web team works with all of Uber's products, the initial focus for this role will be working on conversion rate optimization (CRO) of Web focussed on Uber Eats.
For this role you should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business. In the role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of strategy, design, development, and program managers.
You possess a passion for improving Customer experience by identifying and resolving friction on Web flows and recommending data motivated changes to make the experience world class! You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help Web function scale as we develop onboarding, engagement and retention strategies. You will also learn and apply advanced analytics skills like experimental design, machine learning, statistical modeling, and more.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with product and business stakeholders to translate the questions and hypotheses into structured analysis.
- Own data analysis and visualization, and communicate the outcomes/insights to various partners to aid strategic decisions for improvements in experience for Website users and help create potential experimentation candidates.
- Work with our partners and our experimentation platform to design and execute tests to help us measure the impact of product launches.
- Coordinate with other members of the Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support decision making.
- Partner closely with specific Lines of Businesses to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model.
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & models.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Use tools such as Google Sheet, Jupyter notebooks, and many internal tools to work efficiently at scale.
- Minimum 5 years of data science, data analytics, business intelligence, growth or related experience.
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, or other quantitative focus.
- 6+ years of data science, data analytics, business intelligence, growth or related experience.
- Statistical methodology; multivariate analysis; experimental design; data mining.
- SQL fluency: ability to work with large data sets.
- Experience in reporting-based software, such as Shiny or Tableau.
- Exceptional Excel & data management skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- High-growth analytics or operations experience.
- Experience working on web analytics (behavioral analytics).
- Programming languages such as R and/or Python.
- Experience working on SEO analytics.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.