Engineering Manager - Customer Identity Platform
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Uber, you will be leading a group of engineers working with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to build identity platform solutions globally which are used by all Uber users. We are Uber's first Tech Center in LATAM and part of the global Engineering team!
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of Software Engineers, provide strong technical leadership in the security domain with expertise in authentication, authorization, cryptography and application security.
- Ensure the systems we build are highly reliable and scalable, and that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed accurately in an appropriate time frame.
- Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus.
- Work with partners across Security, Safety, Compliance, Risk, Privacy, Legal, Ops and Marketing.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, UX Researcher and Mobile/Web engineers to define the customer facing features, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology etc.).
- Solid experience leading engineering teams, specially in customer authentication domain with technical hands-on experience in OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, SSO, X.509 and other standard authentication protocols.
- Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams.
- Collaboration with PMs, designers, data scientists and infrastructure teams to identify, prioritize and solve problems.
- Working actively on career mentor & development, handle performance & conflicts, influence cross-functional teams.
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- Desire knowledge about large-scale, distributed systems, including SQL/NoSQL storage, transactional updates, asynchronous processing with message queues like Kafka, logging, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
About the Team
We enable Uber's business growth by creating trusted user accounts and leading seamless and secure access to Uber applications and services.
Uber's Customer Identity Platform (CIP) team develops Identity SaaS which includes sign-up, login and identity management solutions. Our services are highly scalable and serve up to 1M requests/sec. We support various identity use cases which span Uber's mobile and web applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.), Uber acquisitions (Cornershop, Jump, Careem etc.), Uber services offered through 3rd party applications (AliPay, PayPay, Line Messenger, McDonalds etc.) as well as enabling our external partners to seamlessly offer their services within Uber apps.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.