Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Customer Identity Platform
About the Team
We enable Uber's business growth by creating trusted user accounts and managing flawless and secure access to Uber applications and services!
Uber's Customer Identity Platform (CIP) team develops Identity SaaS which includes sign-up, login, and identity management solutions which are used by Uber and its partners. Our services are highly scalable and serve up to 1M requests/sec. We support various identity use cases which span Uber's mobile and web applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.), Uber acquisitions (Cornershop, Jump, Careem etc.), Uber services offered through 3rd party applications (AliPay, PayPay, Line Messenger, McDonalds etc.) as well as enabling our external partners to seamlessly offer their services within Uber apps.
About the Role
You will directly impact Uber's growth and user's trust by defining and executing the technical roadmap for Customer Identity. The role provides opportunities to collaborate with all Uber product teams as well as with stakeholders across security, privacy, and legal functions.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop end to end features for customer identity spanning across the tech stack
- Design, develop and operate highly scalable and reliable services
- Collaborate and consult with multiple Uber product teams as well as external partners for solving business problems using our platform
- Tech lead with a small team to plan, prioritize and deliver impactful projects
- Ensure customer security, privacy, and seamless user experience for each product in collaboration with product managers, designers, security, privacy, and risk teams.
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame
- Mentoring junior team members
- Relevant experience as full-time Backend services development with one or more of the programming languages (Go, C++, Java, Python, etc) and data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc).
- Experience in any of Security, Cryptography, Authentication, Identity Management, Authorization, and Access Control
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another engineering field etc).
- Experience designing and implementing large scale web services
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, X.509, and other standard authentication protocols.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and teamwork skills.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada