Global Learning & Development Technology Lead
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class support to our partners (riders, drivers and restaurants) is central to our success. Building the capability of our support teams to provide consistently elevated levels of service to our partners is incredibly challenging, complex and satisfying. The technology and infrastructure required to deliver learning to Community Operations Teams worldwide needs to be powerful, effective and leading-edge.
We are looking for a leader to develop and implement a strategy and plan to introduce learning technologies and tools that give our Customer Support Teams access to the learning, knowledge and know-how they need to perform in their roles and develop their careers.
Your passion for technology-enabled learning combined with your experience in experimenting with the implementation of innovative learning tools, approaches and solutions is what sets you apart from your peers.
What You'll Do
- You will develop a Learning Technology Strategy to support the delivery of learning experiences aligned to the opportunities and limitations of our unique learning environments.
- You will lead the creation of educationally effective training materials (format, readability, logical flow, and alignment to learning objectives) and facilitate training in person and virtually as needed.
- Improve and introduce technology, tools, and standards to enable more efficient execution of processes related to the end-to-end Learning and Development life-cycle, including training needs analysis, assessments, content development and delivery, tracking, reporting, and measurement.
- Improve and introduce learning content design software, standards, and governance processes to enable the rapid development of digital learning and e-learning solutions.
- Develop a technology-enabled strategy for multimedia content development, including eLearning, graphic design, social learning, video, photo, and audio production.
- Establish a partner strategy for sourcing strategic partnerships and manage relationships with vendors and third parties
- Introduce new learning technologies and processes that support Live Learning Events, Social-Learning, Gamification and Virtual Classroom experiences.
- Research and review industry data to keep ahead of emerging strategies and trends in learning technology and operations to continually improve our approach to designing and delivering learning experiences.
- Continually review and adapt the L&D tools, systems, and processes to ensure that Regional L&D teams have access to consistent and standard tools and processes to be able to create and deliver L&D services in their regions
- Bachelors degree in Learning & Development or similar field
- Minimum 7 years learning technology-specific experience
- Deep Learning Technology, Systems and Processes subject matter expertise
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large-scale programs across multiple geographies
- Practical knowledge of training methodologies and adult learning theory and training content creation and delivery
- Understands the language of Product Development and can confidently plan programs, courses and content for a technical audience. Exposure to Learning Management Systems Administration is a plus.
- Track record of using well crafted data to inform decision making, and can communicate complex findings to senior leadership
- Experience sourcing new systems where existing tools don't match the business's needs, and maintaining strong vendor relationships to stay in tune with industry best practices
- Enjoys unique challenges and leading multiple high priority deliverables in a dynamic environment
- Can effectively handle competing priorities across a team and individually
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.