About the role
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing exceptional customer support to riders and drivers! Uber relies on them to provide support for our community's toughest issue types, handle customer concerns from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a senior managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, operations delivery, operational excellence, and partner management. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally passionate people.
What You'll Do
- Operations delivery: You are responsible for the COE KPI's delivery. To accomplish that and meet the ongoing challenges you need to lead, motivate, and develop robust teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- People leadership & management: This is a large people management role and you will be a leader of an organization of 500+ team members that cover from senior managers to front line colleagues. You will strengthen our culture leading by example and being accountable for the functional alignment, delivery, and integrity of your teams
- Partner management: You will interact and collaborate with high level leads from the different regions through LatAm, constantly improving our level of service to customers - whether through exceeding on agreed service levels, suggesting improvements to support logic, or designing structures to best run our support operations
- Customer experience: You lead the customer experience through COE resolution channels. Support incidents need to be resolved properly, achieving overall satisfaction of the customers along with compliance to our quality programs
- Process management and operational excellence: You are responsible to drive continuous process improvement to deliver an extraordinary experience every time, all the time. You will build and handle an organization that operates with reliable operating standards
What You'll Need
- 10+ years in people or operation management, office management, team administration, process optimization; ideally from a startup/tech environment.
- A proven experience in Senior Management BPO/Contact Center industry is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- High energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Strong & proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and the ability to manage tasks involving multiple businesses to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently with internal and external partners.
- Superior organizational skills and impeccable follow-through on tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills. An outstanding problem solver who is solution driven and has a genuine interest in helping.
- Very strong, strategic and business growth mentality. Forward-thinking skills that will push programs further continuing to prove the value of programs.
- Thoroughly plan and implement programs with multiple work streams and dependencies and ensure that end-to-end support strategy is accomplished
About the team
The Centers of Excellence are the heart of Uber online support operations. It's where we strive to give a great customer service experience for all of our users: drivers, riders, restaurants, couriers, eaters and big companies using Uber as a corporate service.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.